STAKE YOUR CLAIM IN THE WESTERN CAPE’S R23 BILLION CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY!
- The construction sector contributes R23bn to the Western Cape economy annually, creating approximately 160 000 jobs.
- Cape Town Mayor Dan Plato has announced that more than R4bn has been allocated to formalising informal accommodation, such as informal settlements and backyard dwellings.
- National government’s plan to spend more than R940 billion on infrastructure development will position the construction sector well for growth in 2019, in particular, social housing, renewable energy and roads infrastructure projects are expected to sustain growth and drive the urbanisation and semi-migration expansion in the Western Cape.
- Highlights from Alan Winde, Premier of Western Cape’s SOPA 2019 include:
-Strengthening support to sectors that specifically contribute to accelerated economic growth and jOB creation like construction.
– The war room, in its pilot phase, is being funded by Harvard University and is made up of teams from the Province, City and private sector, who are focused on unblocking growth inhibitors in the construction and property industry.
See the full speech here: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/speech/premier-alan-windes-state-province-address