STAKE YOUR CLAIM IN THE WESTERN CAPE’S BOOMING MULTI-BILLION RAND MARITIME SECTOR!
- The Western Cape Department of Economic Development and Tourism reports that in 2016 the oil, gas and marine sector supported 8 320 jobs and contributed R1-billion the province’s gross value add.
- The recent ‘Brulpadda’ discovery by Total of possibly 1 billion barrels of “wet” gas will boost jobs and the economy!
- The boat building industry is worth R1.4 billion annually and holds enormous potential for the country’s economy – according to SABBEX
- To boost ship repair, the Port of Cape Town is investing R950-million to modernise its ageing facilities
- National government wants to see the Oceans Economy contribute a R177-billion to gross domestic product by 2033.
Highlights from Alan Winde, Western Cape Premier, SOPA 2019 include:
- -Strengthening support to sectors that specifically contribute to accelerated economic growth and job creation like Construction
- The war room, in its pilot phase, is being funded by Harvard University and is made up of teams from the Province, City and private sector, who are focused on unblocking growth inhibitors in the construction and property industry,